The privacy of our clients is of utmost importance to Global International Travel Services. We view privacy as a serious matter and we strictly adhere to the National Privacy Principles and the Privacy Act 1988. These principles are the ones that Global International Travel has adopted in order to protect information for all individuals associated with our agency. These principles deal with the collection of information, use and disclosure of personal information, as well as access to information.
Why we collect Personal Information?
Generally we collect this information from our clients to assist us in making accurate bookings on your behalf. It is used for a number of different purposes like reservations, frequent flyer, data base for client profiles, special occasion reminders,
Type of Personal Information we collect
We require different information for different circumstances, ie:
- Reservations require correct spelling details (As per photo ID for Domestic Travel or as per current passport for International Travel)
- Credit Card Information can be required for various reasons...hotel guarantees, payment, frequent flyer etc...
- Home/Business address/phone details...for accounting, newsletters, correspondence etc...
- Frequent Flyer Information including Membership details/Pin number... for assistance in redemption bookings etc...
How we collect this information?
This information is given to us directly by yourselves, or someone associated with you, either family member, business associate or personal assistant. This information is supplied to us by telephone, email, in person or other form of correspondence.
How we store this information?
We store personal information in our database in a secure computor storage facility as well as paper based files and other records in a secure "locked" storage facility. We have taken a number of procedures to protect the personal information we hold for misuse, loss and unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. We also take reasonable steps to destroy/shred or permanently de-identify personal information when no longer required.
Access to your personal information
We will take every precaution to ensure that your personal information remains secure at Global International. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date. If your personal details change, please contact us so that we can update our records. Please let us know if there are any errors in your personal information. We undertake to promptly acknowledge and investigate any complaints about the way we manage personal information.
If you wish to make any amendments to what we already have on file, you can either contact our office by phone or email us using the Contact Us page on our website.
When we disclose your personal information
As all the information we have on file is confidential, we will not disclose any of your personal details without your consent.
We may disclose personal information about you in the following circumstances:
- Where we have contracted an external organization to assist us with making your travel arrangements (ie...airlines, wholesalers/tour operators, car rental bookings, hotels, travel insurance companies etc...)
- Where we have to contact Frequent Flyer on behalf of our clients when checking mileage, making reservations, frequent flyer redemption & upgrades etc..
- Where our business partners need to provide you with information and offers, newsletters etc...about our products and services
How to contact us?
If you have any questions about this policy, or wish to update information we hold about you, please either contact our office during business hours or email us using the Contact Us page on our website.